WHY LEARNING EXPERIENCE PLATFORMS ARE GAINING MOMENTUM
Learning Experience Platform (LXP or LEP) is a newer term in comparison and is used to describe a platform where social interaction, forum contribution and supported learning is at the centre of the experience.
An LXP is about creating an environment where a culture of learning is offered through a more social networking styled experience, providing learners with areas where they can interact and support each other directly whilst contributing to forum discussions. Rather than constraining the learner by way of the courses provided, these mechanisms create a wider learning opportunity. Internal or community knowledge experts can empower others, staff can mentor each other and foster their own knowledge network.
Members are offered the opportunity to build a more comprehensive and personalised profile, allowing others to identify users perusing similar career aspirations or experiencing the same challenges or roadblocks to success, creating a support network into which others can contribute when they believe their knowledge will be of benefit.
Here are some of the key features our customers refer to when looking to make the switch.
- Leave feedback directly on a user’s personal “Facebook” style wall
- Exchange views in predefined groups or private networks
- Email notification online or by email when you receive reply’s or are mentioned
- Create super users and moderators to manage discussion, forums and content posted
- Customisable member profiles with photos and social links
- Connect with other users and hold private discussions
- Public or Private Forums to promote knowledge sharing and support networks
- Profile permissions and roles to hide and manage content
- Easy view activity feeds to track everything of interest
- Invite new users and send branded and customisable emails
- Individual media albums for users to share images
- Built in calendar to advertise forth coming events
- Search facility across the entire network, users, courses, articles etc.
- Quick course creation and deployment
- Open access lessons, subscriptions or pay as you go
- Prerequisite learning paths, time restricted or drip-feed content
- Certificate and course points & badge allocation
- Quiz builder – free and multiple choice, order sorting
- Question media includes text, images and video
MANAGEMENT & REPORTING
- Manage course allocation and view or download activity reports
- Filter and drag & drop table reporting with full quiz drill down
- Separate learning groups by location, department etc.
- Buy courses individually or in bundles to reduce costs and administration
- Membership programmes to allow open access to all courses