CONTENT YOU CAN CALL YOUR OWN
Custom learning, when done well, combines many of the skills of the e-learning partner: a deep understanding of learning design, the intelligence to grasp complex ideas and the ability to create the right ‘voice’ both for the subject and your organisation’s culture. We also have to be able to visualise the end product, bringing together video, animation and technical teams.
That said, every project is unique and we work hard to ensure every project looks and feels distinctive. It’s also important that what we deliver can be readily updated or tweaked and to that end we use a variety of development tools including our own Bildr tool (based on the Adapt framework), Articulate Storyline and Captivate.
A PROCESS THAT DELIVERS RESULTS
We have a tried and tested 6 stage process for building custom content – proven by hundreds of hours of delivered projects.
1. DISCOVERY MEETING
- Meet with client to understand more about the culture and style of the organisation we’re working with.
- Explore and identify the desired learning outcomes and broad scope of the assets needed.
- Work through available media and assets to get a handle on what can be re-used and how much new and original content we might need to create.
2. CREATIVE MEET (Cortexa Learning Design Team)
- Unpack and explore the brief and learning outcomes
- Work through the available content
- Produce a first draft content map
3. DESIGN MEET
- Organise ideas
- Plan asset development(photo/video shoots, animations etc.)
- Create storyboard and media plan
4. PRODUCTION PHASE
- Carry out any video/photo shoots
- Create animations and record voice tracks
- Develop Alpha version for internal review
5. COMPLETION & DELIVERY
- Apply Beta feedback
- Deliver Gold version for sign-off
6. QA AND CLIENT REVIEW
- Review Alpha and compile QA feedback
- Implement QA feedback and produce Beta version
- Send Beta to client for review